Updated: Jun 10, 2019
*Note: Cambodia uses USD aside from their local currencies and it is widely accepted everywhere (although they'll be giving you both USD and Cambodia Riel as change).
Travel Guide and Tips: Cambodia Siem Reap
1. The hot weather in Cambodia is pretty drastic. I thought I am used to the hot weather in the Philippines but Cambodia's weather is a lot worst specially during summer. So be sure to bring with you the following:
~ Water Bottle
~ Hat / Cap
2. Everyone who will be visiting the temples need to have a pass:
1-day pass is $37 USD per person
3-day pass is $62 USD per person
7-day pass is $72 USD per person
3. Transportation Wise:
TukTuk: You can rent a Tuktuk for a day as low as $25. If you wanted to feel more like a local, this is one of the best and cheapest transportation to get.
Rent a car: This is a lot better choice specially for me since I am not a fan of heat. This is not gonna cause you a lot too. We rented a car in klook for 12 hours as low as just $35 USD.
Interesting Facts About Wat Thom
1. Angkor Thom means "Great City." We are now standing at one of its gates and in this gate you will see two sets of statues, the evil buddhas and the good buddhas. The god's are the ones that are smiling while the demonvw ones are mad looking. This gate which is the south gate is the most beautiful gate and definitely be checked out.
2. This is part of Wat Thom, the Bayon temple. This temple is easy to remember because of such eerie, creepy and massive face temple. It is both amazing to me and creepy how this temples were built to be almost similar from one another. Knowing that there's not any technologies were available 800 years ago. So the fact that they have done this amazing structure is just mind blowing. I can't even draw a perfect eyebrow to look exactly the same much more to make such carvings on the wall.
3. There are 216 faces on the Bayon temple.
Here are some of my photos from this place:
For more post like this, please support us by liking our page and following our Instagram account found below. Or leave us a comment. Thank you!!!