*Note: Cambodia uses USD aside from their local currencies and it is widely accepted everywhere (although they'll be giving you both USD and Cambodia Riel as change).
Travel Guide and Tips: Cambodia Siem Reap
1. The hot weather in Cambodia is pretty drastic. I thought I am used to the hot weather in the Philippines but Cambodia's weather is a lot worst specially during summer. So be sure to bring with you the following:
~ Water Bottle
~ Hat / Cap
2. Everyone who will be visiting the temples need to have a pass:
1-day pass is $37 USD per person
3-day pass is $62 USD per person
7-day pass is $72 USD per person
3. Transportation Wise:
TukTuk: You can rent a Tuktuk for a day as low as $25. If you wanted to feel more like a local, this is one of the best and cheapest transportation to get.
Rent a car: This is a lot better choice specially for me since I am not a fan of heat. This is not gonna cause you a lot too. We rented a car in klook for 12 hours as low as just $35 USD.
Cambodia is indeed a city of temples and Ta Prohm is one of the temples that you'll be amazed to see in there aside from the famous Angkor Wat. It is also one of the most photographed temple in Siem Reap, Cambodia. For me, this is also one of the most beautiful abandoned temple here. Surrounded by nature that have taken up its existence making it more mysterious.
Facts about Ta Phrom
1. Known as the temple hugged by gigantic roots of ancient trees, swallowing the walls of Ta Prohm in the middle of Cambodian jungle. I'd say that this has made Ta Prohm more remarkable and famous.
2. Famously known as the "Tomb Raider Temple" which was featured in one of the scenes in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and some in Indiana Jones. This celebrity temple may have been watched all over the world but its mysteries remained undiscovered. Hiding in each and every halls of it with the nature swallowing most of what have left from it.
3. Left untouched as possible aside from some clearing of pathways for visitors, Ta Prohm can be explored just as how it was before when first explorers discovered it. This temple may be abandoned but nature was in it's side for a long time that it's becoming part of the temple.
For more post like this, please support us by liking our page and following our Instagram account found below. Or leave us a comment. Thank you!!!