*Note: Cambodia uses USD aside from their local currencies and it is widely accepted everywhere (although they'll be giving you both USD and Cambodia Riel as change).
Travel Guide and Tips: Cambodia Siem Reap
1. The hot weather in Cambodia is pretty drastic. I thought I am used to the hot weather in the Philippines but Cambodia's weather is a lot worst specially during summer. So be sure to bring with you the following:
~ Water Bottle
~ Hat / Cap
2. Everyone who will be visiting the temples need to have a pass:
1-day pass is $37 USD per person
3-day pass is $62 USD per person
7-day pass is $72 USD per person
3. Transportation Wise:
TukTuk: You can rent a Tuktuk for a day as low as $25. If you wanted to feel more like a local, this is one of the best and cheapest transportation to get.
Rent a car: This is a lot better choice specially for me since I am not a fan of heat. This is not gonna cause you a lot too. We rented a car in klook for 12 hours as low as just $35 USD.
Interesting Facts About Banteay Srei
1. This temple is famous for its intricate beauty, mainly the reason why it's called CITADEL OF WOMEN. The design of the structures are almost perfect as it can get, walls consisting of carved floral designs that are delicately made. Also, famous for its miniature temples, deeply carved bas reliefs and stunning designs.
2. One interesting feature of this temple is its exquisite color. The use of a hard pink sandstone (quartz arenite) is not just for it to have a fancy color to it but rather, this sandstone enabled the sandalwood technique of carving which allows it to have a more defined or intricate carving.
3. French archaeologists who worked at Angkor even claimed that Banteay Srei is a "precious gem" and a "jewel in Khmer art". It was so intricate that researchers have not yet proved how and why they have sculpted on the extremely hard rock like that.
4. It is called like a masterpiece of sculpture on the laterite and red sandstone. The temple itself is so amazing and elaborate that it's said to be the pinnacle of rock art.
5. This is the farthest temple in Siam Reap with the distance of 35km from town. Although most of the people want to skip this, I definitely wont agree! This is the most beautiful and distinct temple of all in Siam Reap you'll definitely don't want to miss!
For more post like this, please support us by liking our page and following our Instagram account found below. Or leave us a comment. Thank you!!!